I am an ESP teacher at the Defense University, affiliated to the University of Zaragoza. Closely connected to my teaching practice, I have recently worked on exploring intercultural communication competence. My research interests focus on the impact of English as the international language of academic and professional communication. I am also interested in genre analysis and specialized languages. I am the Associate Editor of Ibérica, the Journal of the European Association of Languages for Specific Purposes. I currently participate in national and international projects which seek to explore the challenge of the internationalization of Higher Education institutions and their translation in the use of academic genres and languages.
You can also find me on: ResearchGate, Academia
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2018). Language practices and policies in conflict: An ELF perspective on international military communication. Journal of English as a LIngua Franca, 7(11), 89-112.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2018). Perceptions towards intercultural communication: Military students in a higher education context . In Z. Tatsioka, B. Seidlhofer, N. Sifakis, G. Ferguson (eds). English in Europe - Using English as a Lingua Franca in Education in Europe (in press). Berlín: Mouton de Gruyter.
- Orna-Montesinos, C (2017). The scope of intercultural communication in a military-specific language learning program. Journal of English for Specific and Academic Purposes, 5(1), 13-33.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2016). Intercultural communication in the Military: A resource pack for the ESP teacher. Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN: 978-3-659-96875-4
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2013). English as an International Language in the military: A study of attitudes. LSP Journal, 4(1), 87-105.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2017). The integration of linguistic, disciplinary and intercultural competence in ESP materials: A case study. 35th International Conference of the Spanish Society for Applied Linguistics. University of Jaén (Jaén, Spain), May 4-6 2017.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2016). El impacto de las políticas lingüísticas en las prácticas comunicativas de la comunidad militar española. San Javier (Murcia, Spain). In Serna, J. et al., Actas: IV Congreso Nacional de i+d en Defensa y Seguridad, DESEi+d 2016 (pp. 637-644). Ed. Centro Universitario de la Defensa de San Javier, 2016.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2016). The acquisition of intercultural communication in a military Higher Education context. Valencia (Valencia, Spain). INTED2016 Proceedings, pp. 4824-4831.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2015). Is sustainability good or bad? The use of evaluation in media discourse. 33rd AESLA International Conference. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Madrid, Spain). April 16-18, 2015.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2013). Responses to EIL across professional communities in Spain: three case studies. International Conference on Responses to the Lingua Franca Role of English. The South-East European Research Centre (Thessaloniki, Greece). November 23-24, 2013.