The paper Features of online ELF in research group blogs written by multilingual scholars has been pre-published in the journal Discourse, Context & Media. doi: 10.1016/j.dcm.2018.01.004science
- The study investigates English as a Lingua Franca in research group blogs.
- Writing blogs in English increases the visibility of the group’s research activity.
- Blogs display many of the non-standard language uses found in spoken academic ELF.
- The purpose and the intercultural nature of the interaction influence language usage.
- Language usage is also influenced by the digital medium.
Luzón, M.J. Features of online ELF in research group blogs written by multilingual scholars. Discourse Context Media (2018), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dcm.2018.01.004